Thursday, February 2, 2012

My Very First Post!

Welcome to the world of "hunting".  I consider myself a huntress because I love to walk into a thrift store, flea market, antique shop and "hunt" for reasonably priced jewelry, purses and shoes.  I feel a sense of excitement when I first enter any thrift store.  The rush I feel when I see a unique piece of jewelry can not be matched by anything..well almost anything.  Its the same rush I feel when I wear a piece of jewelry for the first time and I wonder how my outfit or day was even complete without it.
My tastes run eclectic, from vintage Mexican, to Native American, to pieces from the 20's all the way to the new millennium and everything in between. If the piece is well designed and I see it and the "I have to have it" reflex kicks in, I buy it. I am also drawn to ethnic jewelry and tribal pieces.  Sterling silver has my heart but I enjoy semi precious stones, bone, ivory and intricate bead work. I also a fan of vintage purses, shoes and belts.
I'm new to the blogging world.  I've been "thrifting" for more than a decade and I've considered myself a vintage jewelry collector, for the past year.  I guess that makes me a newbie.  As I think about this statement, I've always been a collector.  As a child I collected dolls from around the world and in some ways I still do.  The passion I had for dolls at age eight is the same passion I now have for accessories and the cool and unusual.
I started collecting purses in my late teens along with the hobby of sneakers.  I later dropped the sneaker habit and kept the vintage purses. I'm drawn to the cool, unusual and eclectic purse.  I own purses made from an array of materials from chain link, wood to leather.  There isn't a particular time period that I'm drawn to, I enjoy and relish in seeing a well constructed piece of art that you can wear.
I will start by showing you my "favorite" pieces of jewelry, vintage or otherwise, with a few vintage purses and art mixed in.  If I ever get motivated I plan to start an Etsy shop and sell some of the jewelry pieces online.  There are some that I will never sell and others I would happily let go of to afford a few of the coveted items on my wish list.  
I call myself  the "Goodwill Huntress",  because  I cant pass any thrift store without going in. I also chose the name because its cheeky and just corny enough to be funny...get it Goodwill hunting :) I hope you enjoy what's to come on my blog and I would like to connect with other "jewelry Junkies" and "vintage divas" that want to look good without breaking the bank.







No comments:

Post a Comment